UBDR Gold - Bare Metal Disaster Recovery
Download PDF Version
The UBDR Difference. UltraBac Software specializes only in backup and disaster recovery software. UBDR Gold has been carefully designed to provide the utmost in server and workstation protection by minimizing excessive and costly downtime that usually accompanies a failed computer system. If and when an unbootable condition does occur, UBDR Gold can return the average machine to its operational status in 15 minutes or less.
Fast Payback. Corporate estimates for system downtime range anywhere from $5,000 per hour to over $15,000 a minute! When disaster strikes in the form of a failed server, even a small organization can realize over a 100 percent ROI in just one single use of UBDR Gold. The software can be licensed for independent, stand-alone use, or it can be fully integrated with UltraBac's regular file-by-file backup and restore software.
Perform true dissimilar hardware restores with UBDR Gold's physical-to-physical (P2P) disaster recovery feature. This means, for example, if an HP server fails, a backed up OS image can be restored to a Dell server and successfully booted. Physical-to-virtual (P2V) based disaster recoveries allow organizations to recover a server and emulate it virtually 100% in as little as 15 minutes. Gold also supports virtual-to-virtual (V2V) and virtual-to-physical (V2P) recoveries, providing users with every available virtual disaster recovery option.
UBDR Gold can also be 100 percent scripted for both backups and restores. This means remote sites can be fully recovered automatically without any local administration. Unbootable servers can be quickly restored and brought back online with this seamless and completely automatic process.UBDR Gold Highlights:
- Perform image restores from a user created universal boot CD or USB flash drive with no advance setup.
- Physical-to-physical dissimilar hardware recovery functionality with third-party driver support.
- P2V, V2V, V2P, and P2P disaster recovery options.
- Virtual disaster recoveries using VMware or Microsoft Virtual Server platforms.
- SFTP/FTP device restore option.
- Tivoli Storage Management (TSM) server restore option.
- Restore local and remote tape devices.
- Update operating systems, hard drives, or deploy new machines.
- 100% scripted restores for unassisted recoveries.
- Up to 7GB/minute restore speed.
- Resizes partition when restoring to one physically larger than the original.
- Recover a non-active partition while Windows is operating.
- Initiate and monitor restore(s) from remote machine.
- Built-in encryption option for security.